Friday, April 17, 2009

Show Time

So a lot of people wonder what I"m actually doing here in Nashville. Am I actually playing? Am i playing in a band? What kind of music? How do i get gigs? Well, I wanted to share a little taste of what my musical life is like out here! Tonight I finally got a perfromance on video. It's just one song, and we only did 3. It's what is called a writers round. It's when a bunch of writers come out and showcase their songs. Everyone does about three songs with an acoustic set and it's really fun! I played and Sang with Steve Virginia tonight. He is the artist I play with the most out here so far. In addition, I try to get gigs wherever and for whomever I can! I do this by meeting people who pass my name on, or knowing other bass players who may pass my name on or need me to cover a gig for them, and of course, Craigslist! So here is a video of Steve and me playing at a little place called the Edgehill Cafe, playing for a writers round put on by Jennifer Adan, who wrote Blake Shelton's latest "she wouldn't be gone"


2 comments: